Acronis launched Acronis True Image 2018 . The new release includes key backup and recovery capability updates and is the first personal backup software to incorporate artificial intelligence technology designed for active data protection against ransomware.
“As the first company to offer a full-image backup to consumers, Acronis paved the way for smart backups for home use,” said Serguei Beloussov, co-founder and CEO of Acronis . “Acronis True Image 2018 brings the tradition of first and only personal backup software that can use artificial intelligence to defend consumer data from one of the fastest growing threats.”
Combining Artificial Intelligence-based anti-ransomware (IA) defense, called Acronis Active Protection, with a new generation of advanced backup and restore capabilities such as active disk cloning and automated booting WinPE booting, Acronis True Image 2018 represents the new “smart backup” standard for private users, families, and small businesses.
Reliable Backup and Restore
In an Acronis customer survey in July 2017, 95% of respondents claimed to choose and advise Acronis True Image because the backups are really reliable. The release of 2018 even further improves critical backup and recovery capabilities with the following enhancements:
· Active Disk Cloning : Users can create an exact replica of an active Windows system without stopping and restarting boot media, for even easier migration to a faster or larger disk.
· An updated media creation : Creating automatic boot media for a WinPE environment so that users can quickly resolve driver configuration issues and restore systems using the same or new hardware.
· Continuous cloud backup : Users can update their backups while working on files, safely saving an off-site version of the cloud.
· Virtual Drive Conversion : Users can test the ability to restore full image backups or use the system in a Hyper-V virtual environment to test various applications without compromising the risk of using the primary system, moving the full system image on another computer as a virtual drive.
· Faster incremental backups : Up to three times faster speeds thanks to the new Changed-Block Tracker technology that tracks real-time image changes.
· Automatic mobile backups on NAS devices : More than a quarter of Acronis users have a Network-Attached Storage (NAS) at home. Now they will no longer have to worry about making a backup of the mobile device, as the process starts as soon as the device connects to the same Wi-Fi network on the NAS.
Acronis True Image 2018 also meets the needs of the next generation of users by expanding support for social media by running automatic backups of Instagram accounts, including photos, comments, and statistics such as the number of posts, tags, or comments in a post .
A new visual interface responds to the 83% preferences of Acronis customers that required more information and an overview of their backups. With a graphical view of backup and statistics activity, users can easily handle backups – including the number of archived data, data types in the store, and backup status.
Secure data protection
The ability to restore a system or individual files is of critical importance after a ransomware attack. Acronis True Image 2018 not only makes auto-restoring but takes a step forward in initial protection, firstly avoiding ransomware corrupting user data.
By using machine learning models, Acronis Active Protection recognizes uncommon access to files. These models are generated in the dedicated AA Infrastructure of Acronis, which processes data from hundreds of thousands of malicious and legitimate processes in order to create those templates. These templates are incorporated directly into Acronis Active Protection, allowing Acronis True Image 2018 to protect system data regardless of the need for an Internet connection.
When Active Protection detects an unusual activity, control the process using both heuristic analysis and those expected and unexpected behavior patterns. If the process is identified as potentially malicious, Acronis True Image 2018 warns the suspicious activity user.
With real-time monitoring, Acronis Active Protection verifies all processes so that authorized activities can be performed while detecting and arresting potentially dangerous behaviors. So if any file is encrypted during a ransomware attack, Acronis True Image 2018 automatically restores files from backup.
As computer criminals increasingly point to backup files to prevent users from restoring their system without paying redemption, Acronis technology specifically defends backup files and original data. The expected damages caused by ransomware will amount to $ 5 billion this year, and the unique Acronis self defense system for backed up files, with Acronis True Image 2018, ensures that user data will remain unchanged.
Over 60% of Acronis customers said in a survey they were worried about ransomware attacks. A new Security Dashboard gives users complete visibility on Acronis Active Protection: it’s a guarantee that their data is protected. It lets them trace the number of processes marked as potentially dangerous, see what they have been blocked, and manage a trusted whitelist.