The Mountain View giant published the list of finalists in the second edition of the Google Play Indie Game Festival.
The event, scheduled for September 23 in San Francisco, will see 20 teams of developers selected by Google to “clash”: they will have the task of demonstrating their creations and winning prizes and, more importantly, gaining fame.
Over the past few hours, Google’s team has unveiled the list of 20 finalists selected based on the fun, quality, and design guaranteed by their titles:
- SPG Inc.’s 7 Pin Pool
- Age of Rivals by Roboto Games
- Best Brawlers – PvP Arena by V2 Games Inc.
- Brave Hand (Unpublished) of Heart shaped Games
- Covens by Raincrow Studios, LLC
- Crashy Cars of pixelbizarre
- Sense of Wonder
- Flipping Legend of Hiding Spot
- Gladiator Rising by Happii Gamer Studio
- Jigsaw Story by Happy Square Studio Inc.
- Latin Bing Lottery of Gorilla Bean Games
- Maruta Escape (unpublished) of Busan Sanai Games
- NoStranger by Black Vein Productions
- Slayaway Camp by Blue Wizard Digital
- Spacewave Studios Space Tunnel
- RAC7 Splitter Critters
- Star Vikings Forever by Akupara Games
- Storm Wars by Zom.bio
- Tiny Bubbles (Unpublished) by Pine Street Codeworks
- Nico Prins Topsoil
Among these games, the top ten will be submitted to a jury that will have to choose the three winners. This is the list of jurors:
- Alex the Gamerette, YouTube Creator
- Lina Chen, Co-Founder & CEO of Nix Hydra
- Emily Greer, CEO of Kongregate
- Jamil Moledina, Strategic Lead Games, Google
- Dean Takahashi, Lead Writer for GamesBeat
- Sarah Thomson, BD Lead, Indie Games, Google Play
Good luck to the finalists of the Google Play Indie Game Festival 2017.