Out of the blue, Valve has updated the shooter’s original half-life from 1998 with another patch. The update fixes five minor errors, four of which were reported by players. Although the practical relevance is low, Valve is still in the trend with product maintenance.
Other publishers have also discovered the value of their classics. This is reflected in isolated HD versions and remakes, but also in actual updates for ten and more years old video games. Blizzard or Nordic Games expand their games with extensive patches to add new features or improve compatibility with modern operating systems.
- Fixed crash when entering certain malformed strings into the game console. Thanks to Marshal Webb from BackConnect, Inc for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when loading a specially crafted malformed BSP file. Thanks to Grant Hernandez (@Digital_Cold) for reporting this.
- Fixed malformed SAV files allowing arbitrary files to be written into the game folder. Thanks to Vsevolod Saj for reporting this.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing weapons that are consumable. Thanks to Sam Vanheer for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when setting custom decals