Microsoft today released a new beta version of Windows 10 or Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16215 for PC and Build 15222 for Mobile . The two updates are related to the fast channel, which contains the most unstable builds among those available to the public. The news New Build are many and we can not treat them individually as we usually do, so we offer a summary of the main new features introduced on the Fast channel. The most obvious is the arrival of Fluent Design , the new design language of Windows 10 based on transparent and a new “acrylic” material, on two of the most important elements of the UI operating system: Start Menu and Action Center .
Other changes involve once again the Start Menu, Edge, Cortana, gaming, accessibility and characters. The Insider Preview Build 16215 is the third beta build of Windows 10 Creators Fall Update , the major update expected later this year. Windows 10’s since the official launch regarded as a service, so it developed differently than their predecessors: the fact Microsoft also regularly updates on an aesthetic level, with updates that are not exclusively bug fixes or known issues. From the official launch were released update – minor and major – with lots of news: the principal were November Update, Update Anniversary and the last, currently available to the public, Creators Update.
Below is a brief summary of the main new features of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16215 :
- Start Menu and Action Center : in new build have been updated with Fluent Design, then you can activate the new mode with transparency and acrylic material (an example of design, now available on some app for all users, can be found here).
- Microsoft Edge : it is again possible to put a pin on your favorite sites in the taskbar and use the full screen mode. The new features of the browser include the ability to make notes about EPUB, the Cortana assistance with PDF books and the new colors to highlight text.
- Cortana : the camera roll allows Cortana to alert the user to create a reminder when it detects posters related to events between the photos. The new lasso tool allows you to select information relevant to Cortana, so it can help you keep track of upcoming events.
- Handwriting : the panel for handwriting now allows you to write when converting to text, make corrections by overwriting the already converted text, make corrections using the gesture ink, access the emoji and symbols more easily. The recognition of the palm is now improved, as well as the recognition engine in English.
- Pen : the Find My Pen feature now allows you to see where the pen was used the last time with the computer. You can now scroll through the contents directly with the pen, it earns with the latest build the ability to have more control in the selection process.
- Hardware keyboard : there’s now a panel to emoji accessible “Windows Key +.” or “Windows Key +;” that can be used with a mouse and keyboard.
- Touch Keyboard : This is a new touch keyboard based on XAML with advanced predictive text, improved experience for emoji, touch keyboard to an optional hands, shape and write a new one for the settings menu.
- Dictation : You can use dictation to write in English or Chinese on the desktop, as well as use voice commands to make changes in the text or insert punctuation.
- Shell : a new option in the user interface for sharing allows you to copy the link to the clipboard. It has also ramped up the algorithm for the detection of local media folders for photos, Groove Music and Film & TV.
- Contacts : you can now drag a file on each of the contacts marked as favorites, while you changed the sound of the receipt of an emoji by one of favorite contacts, plus other improvements.
- Night light : fixed some bugs in the logic features and updated for a more rapid transition to the mode after restarting or manual activation.
- Settings : There are new settings for video playback and several new pages: one for HDR and advanced settings on the colors, one for the default settings for each app, an updated page for network connections and a new context menu for Wi-Fi networks in the screen to scan for available networks.
- Windows Update : group policies applied and the status of individual updates are now displayed.
- Gaming : The Game Bar (called with Win + G) now has a button to enable or disable Game Mode for the game running at a given time, and now allows you to take screenshots also for running games in HDR. Mixer makes more fluid changes in the bit rate during transmission of the gameplay and allows you to specify the language spoken.
- Developers : UWP apps now use Runtime Broker processes in the Task Manager, while the Windows Subsystem for Linux does not require the activation of the Developer Mode activation. Hyper-V receives support for a virtual battery and the Registry Editor detects the DPI for each individual monitor.
- Accessibility : the Scan Mode is now active by default, Narrator allows the user to learn the keys on the device, and there are new shortcuts (Caps + R to read any text that follows the cursorse; Caps + Home to return to ‘starts and Caps + end to go to the end). The user can perform in Braille input to the shortcuts of apps, and there are new color filters for color-blind.
- Characters : improvements to the characters in Japanese and Chinese languages.
The last previously released the new version of Windows was the Build 16199 (available from May 17). There are today 12 known issues and installing it is necessary to participate in the Fast Channel Insider program waiting for the delivery of the last update. Installation can also be manually forced through Windows Update in the operating system settings. For more information about new products please visit the official Windows blog.