Gaming Computers Alienware Area-51 with alien motives in the design attracted a lot of buyers willing to pay from 100 thousand. Rub. for neryadovoe product. The Dell felt that the need to update the configuration of the Area-51 systems are already overdue, and announced two new groups of desktop – based on Intel Core i7 and Core i9 processors as the structural LGA2066, and based on the CPU AMD Ryzen Threadripper.
To begin, we note that the Alienware Area-51 Threadripper Edition will be the first computer based on AMD processors among their own kind. Different versions of the PC game include 12-core and 16-core models Ryzen Threadripper, motherboard chipset AMD X399, up to 64 GB of RAM DDR4-2666 / 2933, from one to three graphics cards AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce, and LSS processor. The graphics subsystem Threadripper Area-51 can be represented by a variety of accelerators – from GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and Radeon RX 570 to ligament SLI of two GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. Start date PC sales in the US – on July 27, the prices of different assemblies are not yet known.
According to the Dell, Threadripper-version of the Alienware Area-51 will provide decent gaming performance using the VR-helmets, and 4k 8K-monitors. There is also reason to believe that the processors Ryzen Threadripper will be exclusive to the systems in the collection under the brand Dell and Alienware (CPU retail sales are not affected) by the end of this year.
Simultaneously with the Area-51 Threadripper Dell has announced the release of “late summer” Area-51 configurations based Skylake-X processors. With their detailed specifications can be found at the PC the Perspective . We we present the main ones:
- Motherboard: LGA2066, chipset with X299;
- CPU: Intel Core i7-7800X, Core i7-7820X and Core i9-7900X;
- RAM: 8 Gbytes to 64 Gbytes DDR4-2666 DDR4-2933;
- card from GeForce GTX 1050 Radeon RX Ti and 570 to 1080 GeForce GTX 2-Way SLI Radeon RX 580 and 3-Way CrossFire;
- drive: SSD 128 GB – 1 TB, TB HDD 1-2, optionally with the hybrid HDD 16 GB or 32 GB Intel Optane memory;
- optical drive: DVD-RW, and BD-ROM (one pair);
- PSU: up to 1500 watts with a certificate 80 PLUS Gold;
- network interfaces: Killer E2500 (Gigabit Ethernet), Wi-Fi standard 2 × 2 802.11ac (Dell 1820 or Killer Wireless-AC 1535);
- basic connectors: USB 3.1 Type-A, USB 3.1 Type-C (15 W), 2 × RJ-45 card reader;
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home / Pro.
Intel LGA2066 platform and AMD TR4 for a long time will be prescribed in the Alienware desktops, because their potential is enormous. The same can not be said about the Radeon Polaris and GeForce Pascal, because Vega output and Volta respectively – not so distant future.